[rt-devel] RT 4.4.0rc1 - post-upgrade notes

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Thu Nov 5 12:49:02 EST 2015

Hi all!

These may have nothing to do with anything, but for what it's worth:

* In the WebUI, under "Logged in as..." ->  Settings -> About Me
  Triggers a warning level message in the log about replacing the deprecated /User/Prefs.html with /Prefs/AboutMe.html

* Probably was something I did wrong on the initial install (upgrade from 4.2.11 to 4.4.0rc1), but rt-ldapimport was in the source tree but did not end up in my RT sbin dir.
   Maybe this was because my config line has never included " --enable-externalauth" ?

* For Apache Kerberos web authentication with Active Directory to work, I had to remove the old 'patch' to lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm I was using (from http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Kerberos_SSO_with_Active_Directory_Integration) and instead go back to using Set($WebRemoteUserAuth, 1); in my RT_SiteConfig.pm file.

* Seems like (warning: have not done extensive tests!) putting my LDAP auth settings into a .pm file underneath RT_SiteConfig.d did not work, I had to be sure those were in RT_SiteConfig.pm to take effect.  Other settings in those arbitrary config .pm files do seem to work fine.

* Straight from the upgrade documentation, merely confirming/reiterating here:
    Since I did use ExternalAuthId field, I had to remove those entries from my RT_SiteConfig.pm file (or RT::Record complains).
    Also, the "make upgrade-database" command bombed (as intended) because I had not FIRST blanked that column in the database, e.g.
      mysql> update Users set ExternalAuthId = NULL;

- Brent

More information about the rt-devel mailing list