[rt-users] "Final priority" and full-text transaction search

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Apr 20 13:57:54 EDT 2000

Basically final priority is for the as-yet-unwritten
reprioritizer script that will raise or lower priority toward the final
priority as the due date approaches.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 08:53:42AM -0400, Rich Graves wrote:
> I installed RT last week and I really like it.
>
> One thing confuses me though: What the heck is the "Final Priority" field
> good for?
>
> Anyway, I'm hacking together full-text search for RT 1.0 (CVS) by wrapping
> WWW::Search around htdig. Another search engine would do, but htdig is
> free and I'm already running it.  The idea is to get the serial_num by
> parsing the filename, then use that to fetch the subject, area, owner,
> requestor, and status from the database. It's trivial to have WWW::Search
> return a link URL built from serial_num. You can see the first bits of UI
> at http://webserver.brandeis.edu/cgi-bin/rtsearch?search_for=kerberos

Interesting. My one concern is that this allows searching of tickets a user
might not have access to.

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91