[rt-users] Notification of new ticket

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 19 10:24:11 EST 2000

On Tuesday, December 19, 2000 10:18:59 AM -0500, Mike Dugas
<mad at phobia.net> wrote:
+-----
| While we're talking about this - has anyone created something that will
| e-mail a queue owner, or queue group, that a new ticket has arrived in the
| queue?  Including the ticket info would be super, but just a "Hey, theres
| a new ticket in the 'general' queue" would be what I'm after ...
+--->8

I patched ours to send zephyrgrams.  The hook is in
lib/rt/database/manipulate.pm, sub add_new_request, after the call to
add_transaction.

| Is this going to be a feature of 2.0?
+--->8

2.0 will support "scrips" which allow you to do arbitrary things at
arbitrary points in ticket processing, I believe.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery at ece.cmu.edu