[rt-users] Commenting on a request via eMail

Michael Brader mbrader at aurema.com
Tue Jun 27 21:44:01 EDT 2000

jesse <jesse at fsck.com> writes:

> Wow. the users' guide is terribly terribly wrong. I'm so sorry.
> One of RT's strengths is that it doesn't require that you CC the requestor.
> Basically, create an alias rt-errors-comment which calls rt-mailgate with
> comment rather than correspond.  When you want to comment on requests,
> send the mail to that alias.

Since it was me that was terribly terribly wrong, I've had a quick go
at fixing it. That paragraph in the users guide now says:

    The most common way to reply to a message is to use email. To
    do this, simply reply to an RT message or create a new message
    with the following string in the subject:

    [<RT_MAIL_TAG #request id]

    where RT_MAIL_TAG is as configured in etc/config.pm

    To comment via email, you need to create an alias
    <queue-name>-comment which calls rt-mailgate with comment
    rather than correspond.  When you want to comment on requests,
    send the mail to that alias.

Patch follows: