[rt-users] WebRT issues on Macintosh platforms

Clark Shishido clark at desktop.com
Wed Mar 8 10:55:36 EST 2000

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 10:10:53AM -0500, Jeffrey H. Johnson emailed:

> That's really weird.  Is this using IE4.5, 5.0b3x, or Netscape 4.72?  I
> haven't really used IE4.5 or Netscape 4.7x on MacOS, but I'm been using a
> Mac as my main machine here for quite a few weeks, without incident.
>
> Running OS9.0.4f3, Internet Explorer 5.0b33 (Build 1972.2), on a G4 Sawtooth
> machine, and I'm having less problems than I ever had on my BSD machine.
> RT large tables seem to render about 5 or 6 times faster as well using the mac.

The only Mac/Netscape bug I know about is when using webrt/frames and hitting the refresh request link destroys the top two frames. I remember Jesse telling me that it's a Mac Netscape frame issue. But I don't use the frames version very much anymore (too many open tickets). I just tried both IE's and the frames work properly.

As for your BSD box, are you using the linux binary or the FreeBSD binary? I'm using Netscape 4.6.1/linux running on linux-base-5.2 with much fewer problems. But it still crashes about once a day, whereas Communicator4.72/Mac only crashes on me once a week or so on MacOS9.

Of course, the original report was about sending mail under RT-1.0.2, I'll have to upgrade and see if I notice any difference in how mail gets sent out.

--clark
    still a Mac boy
    busy playing with MacOS X: BSD with a Mac GUI who could ask for more?