[rt-users] Can't get mail responses working

Tauren Mills tauren at servlets.net
Wed May 17 01:48:47 EDT 2000

Help!

I have installed RT 1.0.2 on one server for testing purposes.  We have
decided that we want to use it, so I've now done a complete install on a
production server.  As far as I can tell, everything is exactly the same in
the configuration of each RT installation.

However, the production server doesn't quite work right and I can't figure
out why.  If a message is sent via email to the queue, the sender gets the
autoresponse back quickly.  The web interface shows a new ticket and
displays the original message properly.  However, the queue members never
get any notification via email.

Furthermore, any responses made to the message via the web interface get
sent to the original requestor, the response gets displayed on the web site,
but none of the queue members get a copy of the message.  In all cases when
a help desk person sends a message (via the web or email), the original
requestor is the only person who gets a copy of it.

I've tried reconfiguring the queue in many ways.  I've basically checked
every checkbox there is (and all sorts of other combinations) trying to get
ANY transaction to get emailed to the queue members.  I've made all queue
members have Admin rights to the entire RT system and set them with Admin
rights for the queue.  Nothing is changing the wrong behavior.

I'm testing using the address "support-rt at servlets.net".  My aliases file
has this in it:

support-rt:     |"/home/rt/rt-1.0.2/bin/rt-mailgate Support correspond"

My Queue name is "Support".

Any ideas what might be causing this to happen?  What other information
should I provide?

What would really help me is to find out if RT has a "debug" mode.  Is there
some way to log what it is doing to a log file?  Could there be an error
occurring when it tries to send mail to the queue members that is being
recorded somewhere?

Thanks!

Tauren