[rt-users] Re: definition on rt-mailgate

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 1 13:28:51 EST 2000

I don't think the correspond queue uses the username/password you
give it for the correspondence. That is, the

	%RT USER kimura
	%RT PASS kimura

only authenticates you for further %RT commands. I think the new
request is still tying to be created by an anonymous user, and you
probably have "allow anyone to create requests in this queue" turned
off.

In Q2 it's the same thing.

The sequence

	%RT USER kimura
	%RT PASS kimura
	%RT OPEN 3

sets the "status" of item 3 to open; it does not "open up" item 3 for
"further manipulation". Specifically, it does not cause the following
email to be associated with request #3. As I understand it, the only
way to get the plain text comment associated to request 3 is to use
the subject line.

E.g.:

	# mail comment at ...

	Subject: [RT Request #4] (CTCN) Transaction (kimura)
	%RT USER kimura
	%RT PASS kimura
	%RT OPEN 3  [Opens ticket 3 as user kimura]

	Test comment [This comment will be associated w/ticket
		     #4 because of the subject line of the message].

--- Eric