[rt-users] Re: definition on rt-mailgate

Kazu Kimura kimura at ctc.ad.jp
Wed Nov 1 21:45:53 EST 2000

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:28:51 -0800
Eric Goodman <ericg at cats.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I don't think the correspond queue uses the username/password you
> give it for the correspondence. That is, the
>
> 	%RT USER kimura
> 	%RT PASS kimura
>
> only authenticates you for further %RT commands. I think the new
> request is still tying to be created by an anonymous user, and you
> probably have "allow anyone to create requests in this queue" turned
> off.
I already turned on.

Without username/password, it reject my request because of no permission.  So, still NG.

> In Q2 it's the same thing.
>
> The sequence
>
> 	%RT USER kimura
> 	%RT PASS kimura
> 	%RT OPEN 3
>
> sets the "status" of item 3 to open; it does not "open up" item 3 for
> "further manipulation". Specifically, it does not cause the following
> email to be associated with request #3. As I understand it, the only
> way to get the plain text comment associated to request 3 is to use
> the subject line.
>
> E.g.:
>
> 	# mail comment at ...
>
> 	Subject: [RT Request #4] (CTCN) Transaction (kimura)
> 	%RT USER kimura
> 	%RT PASS kimura
> 	%RT OPEN 3  [Opens ticket 3 as user kimura]
>
> 	Test comment [This comment will be associated w/ticket
> 		     #4 because of the subject line of the message].

I made a mistake.  Yes, you are correct.  Subject requires [Queue-name
#request number]. RT seems to check if this matches current request. This works fine. And there is no need to add "%rt open 3".

Kazu Kimura <kimura at ctc.ad.jp>
IP Network Engineering. CTC
Phone +81-52-740-8101
Fax   +81-52-740-8935