[rt-users] rt 1.0.4 merged ticket bug?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Mon Oct 23 02:18:14 EDT 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, hohokus wombat wrote:

> hello -
>
> using rt1.0.4. did a diff against the CVS, found the fix for merged tickets.
> (i.e., ticket 2 merged into ticket 1, display ticket 2 takes you to ticket
> 1.)
>
> appeared to be one line of code in /rt/lib/ui/web/manipulate.pm, at the
> beginning of the DisplayForm routine. code was:
>
> $serial_num=&rt::normalize_sn("$serial_num");
>
> this fixes the problem nicely, and viewing a ticket that was merged into
> another takes you to the ticket it was merged into.
>
> NEW PROBLEM:
> if you merge a ticket into a ticket that was already merged, the transaction
> content disappears. like this:
>
> ticket #1
> ticket #2 => merge into ticket #1
> ticket #3 => merge into ticket #2 => contents lost.

You're right. I've looked at this now and it seems that there is missing
the same thing (normalize_sn) in sub merge.
Currently I can't spend more time with that fix :-((
A warning at the end: Fixing this code will not affect your older
tickets merged such way as above [it will be a soft database inconsistency
from my point of view].

> any help appreciated.
> - justin (hohokus at hotmail.com)

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404