[rt-users] Japanese?

Russ Johnson rjohnson at tripwire.com
Fri Apr 20 12:52:55 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm using RT for tracking service calls in an IS environment.

Our technical support team is using it to track issues there.

Recently, our Japanese office was trying it out, and ran into some
difficulty. Here's his message:

--8<-- cut here

hello. I am Technical Director of Tripwire Japan.
I am using webRT for supporting customer.
But my japanese email was not send correctly by RTweb. may be, this problem
depend on mime handling problem.
I need to solve this problem. I beleve you are right person about this
problem.Please help me.
If I need to address other person, Please tell me right person about it.
Best Regards.

--8<-- cut here

Here's part of his message in RT:

--8<-- cut here

2001/04/18 07:38
Chris Massey via RT $B$XJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(J

        $B08 at h(J:        curtisk at tripwire.com
        cc:        gnagatani at tripwire.com
        $B7oL>(J:        [tripwire_ticket #1213] (Network) password needed
Hello Goichi,

Is there a solution to this, where high ASCII is encountered? I'm thinking
not, but wanted to ask on the list in case someone had come up with
something.

Russ Johnson
Testlab Manager
Tripwire, Inc.