[rt-users] New precise statistics script

Shane Landrum srl at mail.boston.com
Fri Aug 10 12:42:17 EDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:10:06PM -0400, Steve Poirier (steve at inet-technologies.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll begin working on a new script this week-end to send precise global
> statisics.
<snip>

> What i would like before writing it, is recommendations of what should be
> included in this report and possible options to generate the report (per
> week, per mont etc..)

I need something like this. Actually, what I'd love to see is
a web-based reporting interface that's configurable in much the same way that
the search interface is. I need the aggregate fields to be adjustable.

"show me averages by person for how long tickets take to solve"

"show me averages by queue for how long tickets take to solve"

"show me totals about how many tickets each person has solved
in each queue, so I can see who handles most of the desktop
support problems."

"show me a series over time about how our average resolution time
for this queue is changing."

Perhaps I'd split the query-building into a separate functional
block than the actual report writing, so I could have pluggable
front ends for reporting--- web or email being the obvious ones.
But that's just my pipe dream.

srl
--
Shane Landrum  (srl AT boston DOT com)  Software Engineer, boston.com