[rt-users] Error creating tickets via email

Brandon Yap byap at aol.net.au
Mon Aug 13 21:52:16 EDT 2001

Hello,

I've installed RT 2.0.4 and i've imported everything we had from the 1.0.x
series into the rt2 database.
Everything seems to work fine with the exception of the mail gateway. I've
modified /etc/aliases with the new syntax of "/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate
--queue queuename --action correspond", run newaliases, and I keep getting
errors back from the rt system. The error message is stated below.

There has been an error:
There has been an error with your request:

I've checked the permissions for the queue and enabled create ticket so I
don't think it's a permissions problem.

I know that a few ppl have been getting this message and i've followed the
directions suggested ranging from checking if rt-mailgate is the correct
version, to running newaliases again. Still no luck.
p.s The mail gateway from the 1.0.x series worked fine, it's only the
2.0.x series that I can't get working.

If anyone has any ideas or insights into why this is happening, I would
appreciate any help available, no matter how small.

Thank you kindly

--
Brandon Yap
System Administrator, Operations