[rt-users] Assigning priority on incoming tickets?

Shane Landrum srl at mail.boston.com
Fri Aug 31 10:04:45 EDT 2001

Hi folks.

Here, we've historically had a paging system that sends pages to
sysadmins if-and-only-if someone reports a problem as
"critical". That paging was tied to our legacy system, which
allowed problem-reporters to rank tickets by priority.

With RT, there's no way for problem reporters to assign priority
to their own tickets. I could have a separate queue for critical
problems, where only critical problems send mail to our pager
address, but that seems less than ideal. I just don't want
our sysadmins to be awakened at 3am by a problem less than
"our systems are [literally, figuratively] on fire."

Anyone here have a similar situation? How did you deal with it?

srl
--
Shane Landrum  (srl AT boston DOT com)  Software Engineer, boston.com