[rt-users] Re: DB problem?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Dec 11 11:59:46 EST 2001

I am beginning to wonder.. [:)]

Ok.. I've stared at the privlidges a couple of times, and checked the
DB.  Essentially, my account has _every_ privlidge there is.

Is there another location I should be looking at?

This functionality _did_ work previously, so I am not sure if it is due
to an upgrade or what.. the last time it was used was under a 2.0.9pre
version from CVS..

It is behaving as if ...

wait a sec.. Damn, it is a good thing the first job I had back in H.S.
(in the 80s) was a beta tester.. [:)]   I just discovered the following:
o Under the "Add new watchers:" if I select "Requestor" and type in the
email address of "Rich.West at wesmo.com" and hit submit, the screen
refreshes after a moment and appears as if the update was denied.
o Under the "Find people whose..." selection, if I enter "rich.west" and
hit go, the page updates the "Add new watchers:" selections, listing
"Rich.West at wesmo.com ()" as a username selection.  If I select
"Requestor" next to my name, and hit submit, the ticket is updated
properly!

*gasp*  So I *can* get it to work, but only in that round-about way and
only for known users (ones that RT has "discovered")

Also, to add to the pool of (mis)information, if I manually enter
"Rich.West at wesmo.com ()" . it does get added, but as "
Rich.West at wesmo.com ()". [:)]

This is weird..

-Rich