[rt-users] missing take, untake, steal, give

Kazu Kimura kimura at ctc.ad.jp
Wed Feb 14 23:57:00 EST 2001

Hello,

I understand "take" can be done with a request which does not have an
owner and "steal" can be done with a request which has an owner.

This sequence can be accomplished via clicking 'owner'.

So, in the case you described, I believe you should first "steal" and
"give".

Regards,
Kazu

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:20:41 -1000
<criz at hcc.hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to modify a request as an administrator.  Namely, I wish to
> re-assign it to a new owner who is not me.  I click on the link 'owner' to
> change it with the give to button.  It says I can't unless i steal it
> first.  It makes sense, since I'm not the current owner.  However, I've
> yet to find "take" link.
>
> According to the user manual, I'm supposed to be able to click on links to
> take, untake steal or give, somwhere near the comment/reply/resolv links
> at the top and bottom of the ticket.
>
> I don't have these links.  All I have are comment, reply, resolve/open.
> This is true for any user I log in as including root.
>
> Could it be something in my config.pm that I'm leaving out?
>
> For now, I've been asking the current owner to voluntarily give his/her
> job away since I can't 'take' it as administrator or root.
>
> Thank you for your help,
> AC
> HCC Academic Computing

中部テレコミュニケーション株式会社