[rt-users] missing take, untake, steal, give

Justin Monti jpm_lists at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:41:46 EST 2001

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to modify a request as an administrator.  Namely, I wish to
> re-assign it to a new owner who is not me.  I click on the link 'owner' to
> change it with the give to button.  It says I can't unless i steal it
> first.  It makes sense, since I'm not the current owner.  However, I've
> yet to find "take" link.

When a request has an owner, the "Take" link will no longer appear as there
needs to be some safeguard against someone blindly stealing a request from
another user.  So, to steal a request, what you need to do is open the
request and click on the Owner field.  This will bring up the standard drop
down list with all the users in that queue.  You need to first steal the
request by assigning it to yourself.  This will prompt a confirmation
message from the system basically saying "Request xxx is owned by yyy are
you sure you want to steal it?" and you will have 2 choices: steal it or
cancel.  Once you steal it, you can then follow the same procedure to assign
it to someone else (since you now own it, it's OK from the program's stand
point to reassign it to someone else).

Hope this makes sense.