[rt-users] ticket response via email

Greg White gregw-rt-users at greg.cex.ca
Thu Feb 22 15:31:53 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:36:23PM -0500, D.Lewis wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know of a way such that a new ticket is not created when a
> user responsd to an existing ticket via email...? I think that in
> responding to a ticket via email, most email clients place a Re:
> <Subject>
> in the subject header and rt thinks that it is a new ticket...there fore
> creating a new ticket and not using the original ticket number of the
> request...

I'll bet that this is clients with M$ mailers, right? I'll bet that RT
is checking with the Reply-To header, which most M$ mailers seem to
break.... A quick peruse of lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm _seems_ to
confirm this, but I didn't make any _serious_ effort to understand that
portion of code... Anyone?

(I've had this problem too, and it always seems to be Lookout users...)

--
Greg White
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent