[rt-users] stripmime and mail headers

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Thu Jan 4 09:54:30 EST 2001

Hrmm.. we need an RT FAQ. :)

The issue about the headers is one that comes up often.  It's one of the
most popular configuration changes that is done, but it does not have a
config file attribute or anything via the RT-admin interface.

You have to go into the code and edit the file:
lib/rt/ui/web/manipulate.pm
Look around line 778, for a line with the contents of:
&rt::ui::web::print_transaction('none','received',$rt::req[$serial_num]{'trans'}[$temp]{'content'});

Notice the first argument which is passed to the routine.. it's "none".
The default is something else that I can't seem to recall right this
moment, but that default makes it so that you see all of the headers.
Changing it to "none" hides all of the header information from the ticket
display.

-Rich