[rt-users] rt add-ons?

Joel Brissenden jb at whatiflinux.com
Mon Jan 22 18:54:05 EST 2001

Hello All,

After evalutating several different request/support related software, I have
settled on RT for its customization and features. It seems like a great
application.  I was wondering if there are any add-ons or templates available
that aren't listed on the web site. Also, any other ideas/tips that you've run
into that help you use request tracker work best for your company would be
great.

Cheers,
Joel

Jesse wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:05:30PM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> > Will RT 2.0 "release" have PostgreSQL support "out da box"?
> Yes.
>
> > Does RT 2.0 alpha 2 have it?
> Yes, but it's known to have issues. I'm currently waiting on a patch
> to the database substrate, DBIx::SearchBuilder, which addresses many of them.
>

> > Better yet, is there a stabilized version of RT that has PostgreSQL
> > support?
> long long long ago, somoene ported rt 0.99.something to postgres as a oneoff.
> however it was rather a lot of work and it wasn't possible to maintain
> that in the same codebase as the core distribution.
>
> --
> jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com
> 70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90
>
> They'll take my private key when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Joel Brissenden                 Acrylis, Inc.
http://www.whatiflinux.com      73 Princeton St.
tel: 1 978 251 1987 x235        N. Chelmsford, MA 01863
fax: 1 978 251 1989             USA