[rt-users] Weird PERL problems with rt2

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 11 19:13:47 EDT 2001

On Monday, June 11, 2001 16:44:08 -0600, evazquez at inflow.com wrote:
+----
| I get strange errors in MIME-Base64 (dowarn undeclared, Error1, exit 0)
| and in HTML-Parser (hexdigit undeclared, sv_yes undeclared, sv_undef
| undeclared, Error1, exit0) and they refuse to build/install.
+--->8

Sounds to me like you need newer versions of those modules; 5.6.x no longer
has the old namespace-polluting variables, they all begin with Perl_ or pl_
now so they don't collide with random extension variables.

brandon s. allbery    [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator       [WAY too many hats]         allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                  KF8NH
carnegie mellon university    ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]