[rt-users] Tracking Conversion program

Craig S. Wilson craig.wilson at mail.netbriefings.com
Tue Jun 19 13:27:05 EDT 2001

I am trying to get RT 1.0.7 implemented in my company.  But we have someone who has hundreds of items in a program called DevTrack that we need to move into RT in order to really start using it.

I have the emails from DevTrack and have written a mail filter that I can forward the emails to for processing.

The filter seems to parse the messages correctly and inserts a record into the each_req and transactions tables.  But when I process one message, all other items in the rt database disappear from the web interface.  The other records seem okay in the database, but won't display.  I am not doing anything betond inserts and updates of a couple fields.

Here are the statements that my filter generates and executes:

INSERT INTO each_req VALUES (NULL, 0, 'EMS-Administration', '', '', NULL, 'foo at bar.com', 'craig', '(412) creating live event with "None" set for registration puts .htaccess in Viewer ', 50, 0, 50, 'open', NULL, 992969937, 0, 992969937, 0);

INSERT INTO transactions VALUES (NULL, 28, 28, 'craig', 'create', '', 992969937);

Note that I am inserting the record into each_req and then updating the effective_sn from the serial_num just generated.  I then use this value in transactions record.

I know that this is a probably a 'Don't try this at home' type of activity, but I am so close and I do not want to re-enter close to 500 items.

What can I do to try to trace my problem?

Craig S. Wilson         craig.wilson at netbriefings.com
Netbriefings, Inc.       651-225-1532 voice
421 North Wabasha     651-225-1533 fax
St. Paul  MN  55102     612-865-8794 portable