[rt-users] webrt and mail problems

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Fri May 18 03:35:26 EDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Systems Group (Isaac) wrote:

> 	I am having problems with rt 1.0.7 delivering mail from the web
> interface when replying to a message.  The mail gets delivered to the
> requestor and to the members of the queue.  In addition, it seems to parse
> the address of whoever is replying wrong and tries to email to each token
> of the address (space delimited).  For example the Reply-To field when
> replying from the web  is "Isaac Saldana via RT <systems at ee.ucr.edu>" but
> the From: field is  From: Isaac.Saldana.via.RT with no email address.  And
> then I get emails  bounced to isaac,saldana,via.  This only happens when I
> reply from the web interface and not from isaacsys's account using an
> email client such as pine.  This is kinda weird cause in
> lib/rt/support/mail.pm there is the command:
> print  MAIL "Subject: [$rt::rtname \#". $in_serial_num . "] ($in_queue_id) $in_subject
> From: $friendly_name <$temp_mail_alias>
> To: $in_recipient
> Cc: $in_cc
> Bcc: $in_bcc
>
> $template
> -------------------------------------------- Managed by Request Tracker\n";
>
> which sets Reply-To: and From: to be the same.  I am using sendmail with
> the default options that came with rt.  Has anyone had this problem?  I

We have got similar problem (RT 1.0.7 & postfix):

original
From: "Michal Zdenek,Ing.,Ph.D." <pospech at kxx.zcu.cz>
was tried to be delivered as
From: "RT:"@hyper.zcu.cz, Michal at hyper.zcu.cz,
     Zdenek at hyper.zcu.cz, Ing. at hyper.zcu.cz,
     "Ph.D.\"  via operator at zcu.cz\"" <operator at zcu.cz>

> also tried setting $mailprog="(cat ->/tmp/foo;cat /tmp/foo)|/usr/lib/sendmail"
> to see what was the email being sent and the From: and Reply-To: fields
> were the same and correct.  Rt was working fine and then started doing
> this.  Thanks for any help.

When did it started (after upgrade from 1.0.6?)? It could help to find out
what changed wrong in the code... I'm actually too busy to look closer at
the problem/bug ;-(.

> --
>   Isaac Saldana

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404