[rt-users] response to ticket and changing the status

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sun May 20 18:10:34 EDT 2001

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 06:54:17PM -0300, Adams, Gavin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have downloaded and installed the CVS release of rt. It appears that
> everything is working correctly, but I've run into an issue on
> responding to a ticket. When a ticket comes into a queue (general right
> now), an RT user can take ownership of it just fine. When the RT user
> replies to the ticket and changes the status from "new" to "open", it
> doesn't stick. The response text is sent out and added to the ticket's
> history, but the status still shows as new.

When did you download from CVS? this has been fixed recently.

> The only way for the an RT user to change the status is by going to the
> "basics" menu and changing the status there. Is this by design, or a
> potential bug?

There are several ways to update status. there are some buttons in the UI
and the comment/reply form has a dropdown.

> Couple more questions:
>
> 1)	in reviewing the rt.log.nnnnn log file, I get the following
> messages for every database operation:
>
> Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 219.
>
> Are these normal or is this something I should look to resolve?

It's a bug in the older versions of DBD::mysql. But it's not a big deal at
all. it won't cause you any harm.

> 2)	How can I tell which version of code I'm running? Want to insure
> my questions contain the appropriate level of information.

Unless you're a hacker, you should be running the numbered snapshots
from ftp://ftp.fsck.com/pub/rt/devel/