[rt-users] Resolving a re-opened ticket without notification.

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Fri Nov 2 09:03:01 EST 2001

> To my (pleasant) suprise, people who have had their problems solved
> through our RT implementation have been more polite than
> expected.  The
> end result is that when the "OnResolve" Scrip sends the Resolved
> template to them, they often say very nice things as a reply, like
> "thanks for the fast action" or "thank you!" or whatever.
>
> Now, this creates a slightly awkward problem...RT will re-open the
> ticket as they replied to the resolved notification.  If I
> now go in and
> change the status back to Resolved, they get *another* resolved
> notification.  So far only one person has perpetuated this loop for a
> few iterations, but it's something that I'd like to avoid...
>
> Is there any way to change the status to Resolved but "skip a
> scrip" on
> a per-case basis?  That is, some way to force a change of status and
> skip any actions that would normally be run?
>
> Or is there a better way to solve this?

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure this isn't the intended use, but you could set the
status to "Dead" instead of setting it to "Resolved" a second time.

What would be cool would be if RT just wouldn't re-open a resolved ticket
because of an e-mail.  But then you block out the users that are
legitimately writing back to say "No, that didn't solve my problem".  I
guess RT needs to be taught to read the mail and decide whether the user is
griping or saying thank-you.  Jesse, how's that ESP scrip coming along?  ;-)