[rt-users] OnCreate not sending mail

Dan Debertin airboss at bitstream.net
Fri Nov 2 12:18:56 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> 1.  Since the sender of a message is never Cced on their own messages
> with 'Notify' Actions,  use "OnCreate" "AutoReplyToRequestor"

Ah, okay. I did this. See below.

> 2.  Granting people "Watch" or "WatchAsAdminCc" merely gives them permission
> to watch the queue or tickets within it.  it does not make them watchers.
> You need to add them as Ccs or AdminCcs of the queue explicitly

Yes. Those who have the Watch rights are also set up as Ccs or AdminCcs.

Anyway, I'm still not getting mail, but we appear to be closer. I now
have:

OnCreate NotifyAllWatchers with template Correspondence
OnCreate NotifyRequestors with template Autoreply

Myself and another person are set up as Watchers and AdminCc:'s for the
queue. If I send a message into the queue, it opens up a ticket, but no
mail is sent to either myself (the requestor), or any watchers (myself and
the other person). Here's what's in the log now:

now requiring RT::Condition::AnyTransaction
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Checking condition OnCreate...
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Matches condition OnCreate...
now requiring RT::Action::Notify
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Prepared NotifyAllWatchers
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Committed NotifyAllWatchers
now requiring RT::Condition::AnyTransaction
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Checking condition OnCreate...
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Matches condition OnCreate...
now requiring RT::Action::Notify
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Prepared NotifyRequestors
RT::Action::Notify=HASH(0x8828818): No recipients found. Not sending.
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x8774fa8): Committed NotifyRequestors
Ticket 25 created in queue 'CSR2'.

I know it's something obvious. RT2 is a whole new world compared to RT1,
and the doco appears to be half-done. Apologies in advance.

Dan Debertin
--
++ Dan Debertin
++ Senior Systems Administrator
++ airboss at bitstream.net
++ (612)321-9290 x108
++ GPG Fingerprint: 0BC5 F4D6 649F D0C8 D1A7  CAE4 BEF4 0A5C 300D 2387