[rt-users] Mason not working?

Toby Wahlers toby at vidiom.com
Thu Nov 8 13:10:49 EST 2001

At 10:19 PM 11/7/2001, you wrote:
"the best idea right now is to look at apache's error log and try to figure
things out from there. "

That's just it.  There are no errors in the log.  Neither the regular
error_log nor the perl-error_log.  It's not even trying to hook into Mason,
just showing the page as html, so no errors.  It's hard to list rt setup in
apache, cause I've tried it a half dozen or more ways.  One person in  the
archived list said they got this working:
<Directory /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html>
   AllowOverride None
   Options None ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
   Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

Another made use of Location:
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location /rt2>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

Tried 'em both, and variants, no luck.
I have a ProxyPass statement in my normal server httpd.conf:
ProxyPass /rt2/ http://localhost:8200/rt2/
and of course I do have the correct /rt2 alias in the commonhttpd.conf (or
it wouldn't even get to the page).