[rt-users] RT for Project Management

Jon Stearley jrstear at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:10:10 EDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:48:04AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> It's funny you should mention that.  I've actually been working on
> a Project Managment frontend for RT.  At this point, it's strictly a
> hobby project, though if anyone's interested in sponsoring the work,
> I'd be happy to finish it up and clean it up for release.
>
> It does the hierarchical view thing, it does rudimentary dependency-based
> scheduling and I've even got a tool that draws gantt charts.

projects and tickets are very often closely related in my experience,
and in fact i've been using a "projects" queue in rt for years.  it
has been more of a todo queue than proper project management system,
but the ui is familiar to my team and that is 80% of the battle
towards people using it faithfully.  i'd definately LOVE it if you'd
release a project frontend!  it'd be great to be able to tie tickets
and projects together via rt2's relationships mechanism.

i've changed jobs recently and am in the process of "selling" people
here on rt2 (they are adverse to ticket systems in general).  we
really need both request tracking and project management.  yes, please
do clean&release when ready.  let me know if you'd like a beta tester
;)

| Jon Stearley			(505) 845-7571  (FAX 844-2067) |
| Compaq Federal LLC		High Performance Solutions     |
| Sandia National Laboratories	Scalable Systems Integration   |