[rt-users] some RT2 features and questions

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Wed Sep 5 10:16:20 EDT 2001

Some questions which I couldn't answer from reading the docs :

- using keywords in tickets
  Can I assign *values* to keywords or can I just add one or more
  *predefined* keywords to the ticket?
  The idea is for instance to have a keyword SerialNumber and assign
  a value to it.  In case that assigning values is possible, can
  I input arbitratry values, or only can I only choose from a
  predefined list of values?

- MIME and Greek font support (charset="iso-8859-7")
  Any caveats here?
  Can MIME incoming e-mail be handled or is there still some
  kind of "stripmime" trick needed? (see RT1 FAQ)

- linking to other tickets
  I would like to link to other tickets in a non-hierarchical way,
  for example to tickets in which a similar problem was solved.
  Is it possible to refer/relate from one ticket to
  any arbitrary other ticket?

- attachments
  I read there is support for attachments in RT2...
  how are they linked to tickets?  Via "References" ?

Thanks !!!

Patrick De Muynck
Dreamtech Information Systems, Athens/Greece