[rt-users] Initial Page Hangs

Percynski, Fred FPercynski at synchrony.net
Tue Sep 25 13:31:26 EDT 2001

Help!  I've got a really odd problem with a new install of RT 2.0.7.
After I login I see the header and tabs but not the main body.  The blue bar
in IE just moves along very very slowly.  If I click the 'Stop' button all
the content is displayed except for the drop down bar for the Refresh
options.
Even more odd is that if I go to another page (for example Search) and then
click on Home, the home page displays correctly and within normal amount
time.

This could be a clue - Netscape doesn't seem to have this problem, only IE.
Okay I just did some more debugging before posting this message.  The
problem seems somehow related to the /html/Elements/Header file.  If I
delete lines out of this file then everything works correctly.  But I can't
narrow down *which* lines are causing the problem.  Anyone else ever had a
problem like this before?  I've got another server running RT 2.0.0 and it
doesn't exhibit this strange behavior.  Thanks in advance for any help.

-Fred