[rt-users] lost, lost, all lost

Lee Damon nomad at ssli-mail.ee.washington.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:37:10 EDT 2001

We've just been badly bitten by RT 1 storing the ticket text
in /var/rt/transactions instead of in the mySQL database. For
reasons I chose not to go into, we don't have a viable backup
of the directory (yes, yes, I know. bad bad bad).

Aside from trying to assemble all the missing content from email
trails spread out over 4 sysadmins and 500+ tickets (open and
resolved, or 100+ open), is there any other place RT might
possibly have stashed the data? Is there any hope of recovery?

Does RT 2 store ticket text in the database, or still use the filesystem as
if it were meant to be a database for this?

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
work: nomad at ee.washington.edu                                      \
play: nomad at castle.org    or castle!nomad                           \
                                                                    /\
Sr. Systems Admin, UWEE SSLI Lab                                   /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \