[rt-users] Canned Responses to Tickets

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Tue Apr 2 15:30:53 EST 2002

Aaron,

Take a look at 'StockAnswers' in the contrib section.  It will do this.

However, with all due respect to its author, I agree with you that tying
the replies into the database (in the Templates) section wakes way more
sense than storing them separately in the filesystem the way StockAnswers
does.  One of the reasons we all use RT is to take advantage of its
distributed, collaborative security model, and StockAnswers breaks that by
requiring that a user play with Unix files.

StockAnswers also (apparently, correct me if I'm wrong) squirts down EVERY
stock reply with EVERY 'Update' page (so that they can be selected via
Javascript, client side), which seems to me to be wasteful and inelegant,
though certainly understandable and practical.

Though I know many folks are using StockAnswers successfully, how about
giving access to Templates for user replies?  Is this an easy change
Jesse?

Dave