[rt-users] History does not show long messages

clarsson at manu.com clarsson at manu.com
Tue Apr 9 18:29:30 EDT 2002

Hello all,

Today I stumbled across a situation in RT (2.0.11).  We received four (so
far) tickets with a lot of text in them.  The messages were emails that
were forwarded to a large number of people and then forwarded to RT, thus
they had the old 'To:' line in them.  When the ticket is view via RT's
web, none of the text of the initial message shows up.  We are able to see
the headers, the display mode and the download link, but not the text of
the message.

I did notice that in each case the message size listed next to the
download link was in excess of 13k.  The download link works fine and the
original message is displayed when clicked.  And I checked the database to
make sure the information was in there (it was).  The reply link also
works fine, bringing the original message into the reply window.

It sure seems that this is related to the size of the message.  Is there a
restriction on the size of the text that the web interface can display for
the history?  I did not notice any settings in config.pm for limiting
this.

Thanks,

        - Chris

History                                            Display mode: [Brief
headers] [Full headers]

Tue Apr  9 17:05:02 2002
user at domain.com - Ticket created

                           [Reply] [Comment]