[rt-users] How to set the sender e-mail address

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Apr 24 07:52:34 EDT 2002

Smylers wrote:
> I'd expect the From: header to have the requestor's name and that
> queue's e-mail address -- your webservers e-mail address shouldn't be
> used anywhere, since responding to that isn't going to inject the

Actually the webserver address appears as the "envelope" sender.
Theoretically this is where bounces will go to; this is a Good
Thing, as having bounces heading back into RT is a nifty way to
give yourself a happy fun mailbombing loop. :-)

But other than that, the From: header should indeed have the
address of the queue in it. We'd need to know more about the
problem setup to diagnose further (which MTA is in use, and
what the various config.pm mail options say..)