[rt-users] Problems with 2 instances of rt!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Sun Aug 4 08:52:22 EDT 2002

Hello!

I may have a little esoterik setup ;-) I run two independent
rt instances on my machine. One of them with additional SSL
support. After installing I realized that the second instance don´t
work any more. In the error log was always a "Can't call method
"handle_request" on an undefined value at /opt/rt2_ipp/bin/webmux.pl
line 170, <GEN0> line 2". After some google research I found
at masonhq the solution. The "PerlFreshRestart" don´t work in 2.0.14.
Now the first instance run with PerlFreshRestart the second w/o.

My question(s)

1.) To run 2 instances I have two apache installation, on
two different ports, with two rt installs. Is this safe?
2.) Is it better to turn off PerlFreshRestart on both ports?

bye!
--
Sven Sternberger                     Tel.: +49 (0) 40 8998 4397
Desy                                 Email: sven.sternberger at desy.de
Notkestr. 85
D-22607 Hamburg