[rt-users] RT2 Speed/performance problems.

George Warnagiris gwarnagiris at babcockbrown.com
Tue Aug 20 12:41:36 EDT 2002

Maren,

You trolled the list by vaguely complaining about speed and quality, but now
the real issue comes to light, the install and configuration is not easy
enough for you.  It seems to me you have forgotten the old adage: fast, good,
cheap, pick any two.

There is an inverse relationship between features and performance.  If you
don't want to spend tens of thousands of dollars to have a consultant design
a PHP system for you or for a contractor to tweak your setup for you, there
are few other options outside of RT.  Even if you were to build a PHP system
from scratch, it most likely would not have the features and performance of
this mature product.

Please email me if/when you find a ticketing systems that is easier and
faster than RT.  I am genuinely curious because I have not been able to find
one myself.

George