[rt-users] due date for queue

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Dec 2 09:55:56 EST 2002

On 2 Dec 2002, Laurent Vaills wrote:

> I created a new queue and filled in the field "Requests should be due
> in:" with the value 1 .
> So I expected when a ticket was created in this queue that the due date
> will be automatically set to "today + 1 day" but in fact not.

I suspect that something is odd in your system.  On my system, the Due
date on the Ticket is set as expected (to be the number of days set in the
Queue.

> What is this field useful for ?

Refer to the 'Escalator' in contrib (www.fsck.com/pub/rt/2.0/contrib);
this gradually alters the priority as the ticket approaches CreateTime +
DueDate .

Apart from that, nothing much uses it.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security