[rt-users] Sqwebmail removes [...] from Subject (Interoperability between Courier and RT)

Binand Raj S. binand at gmx.net
Sat Dec 28 08:04:36 EST 2002

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 04:03:43AM -0800, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> As for other CRM systems, I'd like to note Cisco TAC. They use
> something like
>   /Case\s+[A-Z][0-9]{6}/
> for their mail filtering.
> So, maybe the tunable format of the subject line would be nice
> feature.

I think my bank (ICICI Bank) uses Siebel, and the tag is:

<AUTO> {ICICICARE#nnn-nnn-nnn}

For the first autoreply, and minus the <AUTO> for subsequent replies.
All the n's are digits.

Minus the frills, I think RT2 should allow the characters used to format
the tag to be of user's choice. {...}, <...> and (...) all should be
allowed to be used.

In fact, a printf-like format string for the tag would be a cool idea :)

$rttag = "[%r #%t]";

with %r for $rtname and %t for ticket number would get us the current
tag. The above of course, should be dumped pretty low on the wishlist.

Binand