[rt-users] adding keywords on ticket creation?

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Thu Feb 7 13:11:06 EST 2002

On Thursday 07 February 2002 12:00, Darrin Walton wrote:
>   |+ I want to track individual workstations for history of repairs. I have
>   |+ keywords working, but would like the creation of tickets to include the
>   |+ keyword ID, rather then add it later. Is this possible?
>
> Why not just scroll to the bottom of the ticket creation page, and select
> the keyword there?  Or, just clikc on 'Show Details' at the ticket
> creation page, where you can add more information (including keywords)

Maybe his users don't understand keywords, and they need to be searchable
right as soon as a ticket is created.  Maybe someone (a principal, or some
other school admin person) needs to have an auto-refreshing report of how
many tickets are in each keyword-space, but Raymond has other things to do
rather than babysit the un-keyworded queue, giving them keywords.

I dunno, just guessing at some constraints that a k12 site might have.

rob