[rt-users] Subject wrong - breaking RT 'threading'

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Feb 11 10:52:48 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Dave Ewart wrote:

> I have setup the "rtname" to be "Req", so that the subjects to emails
> appear as, e.g. "[Req #120]"  (I wanted it to be a very short string!)
>
> However, whenever replies or 'resolves' are sent to the Requestor
> through the web interface, the subject is
> "[rt.fully-qualified.domain.name #120]" and this breaks recognition of
> the ticket when a subsequent reply is received back from the Requestor.

Is it literally 'fully-qualified.domain.name', or something that you've
changed for asking for help?  Either way, make sure that that particular
string does not appear in your config.pm file, and that their are no other
config.pms which RT might be reading.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations