[rt-users] Wierdness

Simon Woodward sw-lists at onyx.net
Wed Jan 16 10:44:47 EST 2002

Hi All,

I've posted about this before, and didn't really get very far, however
its still happening, so I thought I'd post again in the vain hope that
someone somewhere has had similar problems, or may know where to look.

Very occasionally when people reply or correspond on a ticket, rt says
its sent and logs it as such, however it never actually gets passed to
the MTA, (in this case qmail), there is no log, no delivery attempt, no
nothing ! In general, all works fine, it is just the odd one, and
obviously these 'odd ones' are causing customers to rightly complain
about their tickets not being answered.

I am using the latest (2.0.11) and have the following scrips on the
queue.

OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template 1st Line Autoreply
OnResolve NotifyRequestors with template 1st Line ticket resolution
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template Correspondence

Also in config.pm:
#Sendmail Configuration

# $MailCommand defines which method RT will use to try to send mail
# We know that 'sendmail' works fairly well.
# If 'sendmail' doesn't work well for you, try 'sendmailpipe'
# But note that you have to configure $SendmailPath and add a -t
# to $SendmailArguments

$MailCommand = 'sendmail';

# $SendmailArguments defines what flags to pass to $Sendmail
# assuming you picked 'sendmail' or 'sendmailpipe' as the $MailCommand
above.
# If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to
$SendmailArguments

# These options are good for most sendmail wrappers and workalikes
$SendmailArguments="-oi";

Also all traces of standard sendmail have been removed from the system,
the box has any sendmail binary as a symlink to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.

This is very difficult to re-create, but it *does* happen ... can anyone
please give me some pointers ... where to look, what to do

In Short ... please ... HELP !!!! ;-)

Thanks,

Simon.