[rt-users] Resolve Ticket Template

Seth seth at ttsg.com
Fri Jul 12 11:47:37 EDT 2002

On 12 Jul 2002 11:35:08 -0400
Sean Lutner <sean at techtarget.com> wrote:

> Yet when I resolve a ticket, no mail gets sent. I see no errors anywhere
> to indicate what the problem is. Is there a way I can get soe more
> verbose debugging from RT?

in your config.pm under the logging section.
$LogToScreen = 'debug';
$LogToFile = 'debug';

also up by the top of the file set the line
$LogDir = "/var/log/rt";
to where ever you want it to log to.

when these are set to debug you can see a log of what is going on. If you need to see more you can just add lines into the code such as the following (I used this line to debug my external user lookup)

$RT::Logger->debug("LookupExternalUserInfo: Entered with:\n",
                     "\tName         = $params{'Name'}\n",
                     "\tEmailAddress = $params{'EmailAddress'}\n",
                     "\tRealName     = $params{'RealName'}\n",
                     "\tFound        = $FoundInExternalDatabase\n")

but you can use the $RT::Logger->debug() anyware in RT and see what vars are set to etc.

-seth