[rt-users] Resolve Ticket Template

Sean Lutner sean at techtarget.com
Fri Jul 12 12:01:27 EDT 2002

After turning the log levels up to debug, I've got some more information
in my RT logs. Here's what I'm seeing when I resolve a ticket.

RT::Transaction=HASH(0x10600f4): Checking condition OnResolve...
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x10600f4): Matches condition OnResolve...
now requiring RT::Action::Notify
RT::Action::Notify=HASH(0x109bf74): To is
sean at techtarget.comRT::Action::Notify=HASH(0x109bf74): Cc is
RT::Action::
Notify=HASH(0x109bf74): Bcc is
sean at techtarget.comRT::Transaction=HASH(0x10600f4): Prepared
NotifyAllWatchers
RT::Action::Notify=HASH(0x109bf74): No recipients found. Not sending.
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x10600f4): Committed NotifyAllWatchers

What I don't get in that log is why it's saying no recipients found. Not
sending, when it has both a To and a BCC. Now it looks to me like there
is not a problem with the template but somehere else.

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 11:47, Seth wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2002 11:35:08 -0400
> Sean Lutner <sean at techtarget.com> wrote:
>

> > Yet when I resolve a ticket, no mail gets sent. I see no errors anywhere
> > to indicate what the problem is. Is there a way I can get soe more
> > verbose debugging from RT?
>
> in your config.pm under the logging section.
> $LogToScreen = 'debug';
> $LogToFile = 'debug';
>
> also up by the top of the file set the line
> $LogDir = "/var/log/rt";
> to where ever you want it to log to.
>
> when these are set to debug you can see a log of what is going on. If you need to see more you can just add lines into the code such as the following (I used this line to debug my external user lookup)
>
> $RT::Logger->debug("LookupExternalUserInfo: Entered with:\n",
>                      "\tName         = $params{'Name'}\n",
>                      "\tEmailAddress = $params{'EmailAddress'}\n",
>                      "\tRealName     = $params{'RealName'}\n",
>                      "\tFound        = $FoundInExternalDatabase\n")
>
> but you can use the $RT::Logger->debug() anyware in RT and see what vars are set to etc.
>
> -seth

Sean Lutner
Senior Systems & Network Administrator
TechTarget, Inc.
117 Kendrick St, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494
P:  781-657-1337
F:  781-657-1100
E:  sean at techtarget.com W: http://www.techtarget.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein