[rt-users] RT Install Problems on RedHat 7.2

Niall Brady bradyn at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 13 12:07:47 EDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:42:39 CDT, "James L. Harrison" said:

>I tried reinstalling that package manually and got the same results... make
>dropdb is needing there to be a Mysql.pm and their is only a mysql.pm...
>When I copy mysql.pm to Mysql.pm I get an error that says:
>    Can't locate object method "drop_database" via package
>"DBIx::DataSource::Mysql at (eval 1) line 1, <STDIN> line 2.
>
>I am not that well versed in mysql so I am having some trouble... should I
>try and install Mysql from source?  Or is this problem unrelated?

Last time I did an install on a RedHat server, 'twas something
approximating...

	$ rpm -qa | grep mysql
	mysql-devel-3.23.41-1
	mysql-3.23.41-1
	mysql-server-3.23.41-1
	mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6

for the mysql bits.  That said, the bit you're missing is...

	$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Mysql.pm
	perl-DBD-MySQL-1.2216-4

So ye probably want to check if you have the perl-DBD-MySQL rpm
installed... or else get it off CPAN.

so ye probably want bits like that...

Don't worry about installing from source if you're not familiar
with it... the RPMs work fine and dandy.

--
	Niall