[rt-users] Change initial status to "Open"

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed May 1 06:24:15 EDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, shannon pedersen wrote:

> > Look in /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket
> > Theres a Create.html inside.
> >
> > Look for <TD>Status:
> > Change the line underneath it to:
> > <& /Elements/SelectStatus, Name => "Status", Default=> 'open' &>
>
> I tried this before posting to the list, but it didn't seem to solve the
> problem.

The catch with this approach (as has been mentioned) is that it only
applies when you create tickets through the Web Interface.  It does not
apply when tickets are created in other fashions (eg, via mailgate or via
the CLI).

As most of us assume that you wish this behaviour when 'tickets are
created', not when 'tickets are created through the web interface', then
take Phil's proposed solution with a Scrip which will catch all ticket
creates, irrespective of how they are created.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations