[rt-users] problem logging out of RT from Opera

Bennett, Steve s.bennett at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri May 3 08:07:13 EDT 2002

Hi

I've only just started playing with RT (got my test install running today...),
so apologies if this is down to inexperience or bad configuration on my part...

I've found a problem when using WebRT from an Opera browser - it's very
difficult to log out - you hit the 'Logout' link, and it says "you've been
logged out", but then you immediately get logged back in again!
The problem does not occur on Mozilla.

My guess is that the browser is caching pages more than it ought to (I don't
think it should be caching at all)

I've found a fix which appears to work for me - I've added the following
(apologies if this gets mangled in the mail):

	<%INIT>
	# ask the browser not to cache our content
	$r->headers_out->add('Pragma' => 'no-cache'); # HTTP/1.0
	$r->headers_out->add('Cache-Control' => 'no-cache, must-revalidate'); #
HTTP/1.1
	</%INIT>

 to "local/WebRT/html/NoAuth/Logout.html", and something to the same effect in
"local/WebRT/html/Elements/Header" ,after having copied the files from the
non-local part of the tree.

--
Steve Bennett, Systems Support, Lancaster University