[rt-users] FastCGI, Trailing Slashes

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Sat May 25 11:38:01 EDT 2002

Rich Lafferty writes:
>Unless there are people lurking with the secret of myqueue/ that know
>the answer to this but are waiting some unspecified time to come out
>with it, you'll need to tell me where myqueue/ is coming from. :-)

Ok, sorry it wasn't clearer earlier.

A number of groups use the RT installation at my site in very different
ways. For example, my group uses one queue for work requests and
another queue for knowledge-base/project-status-tracking, while another
group uses theirs only for process enforcement, and another group uses
theirs for both process enforcement (approvals to requests) and the
requests themselves. Why this matters to this discussion is that they
all want to see different information when they go to view their
queue.  Therefore, using Search/Listing.html and the WebOptions from
config.pm is insufficient because that is site-wide.

The relatively easy alternative was to give each queue (i.e. QueueX,
QueueY, QueueZ) their own queue listing file. This resulted in
http://rt.mysite.com/QueueX/ and http://rt.mysite.com/QueueY/ .  The
index.html files in these directories include the HTML and component
calls to display the queues for QueueX and QueueY, respectively, with
the queue-specific ticket information they want to see.

To try and stay organized and sane, I am attempting to keep all HTML
localizations in my local component root. If I do this and have
/opt/rt2/local/WebRT/html/QueueX/, I must also create
/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/QueueX/ and /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/QueueX/index.html.

Under my previous installation (using apache, mod_perl, and rt-2.0.9),
I was able to successfully reference either http://rt.mysite.com/QueueX
or http://rt.mysite.com/QueueX/ . Under my new installation (using
apache, fastcgi, and rt-2.0.13), this isn't working. I always have to
have the trailing slash.

That may be more info than you care about (sorry!), but I hope that
makes more sense.

Thanks,
Matt