[rt-users] RT for non-professional users

Nils Ketelsen nils.ketelsen at kuehne-nagel.com
Thu Nov 7 03:22:52 EST 2002

At 01:18 07.11.2002 +0200, you wrote:

>I am new to RT. Looking at the mailing list archive I wonder if RT can be
>used by non professional users who simply want to install and use this
>tool as is.

I'd say no. You will have to invest some time in the installation and the
initial setup of the system.

>Going over the rt-users mailing list, it sometimes feels like we need a
>unix specialits to maintain this tool.

The unix-side is not so much a problem. If you use unix-machines you need
this guy anyway. For the setup, though, its very helpful having someone
with apache know-how. And for RT itself someone should invest the work in
understanding the rights concepts etc.

>I would like to know if, as an average usix user, I can use this tool
>daily (RT looks as if it fits to our requrements at full).

Yes, you will be able to use. But if you want to administrate it, you
should be willing to do some work in advance.

Best regards,
    Nils