[rt-users] multiple language support

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 19 14:11:39 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:59:17PM -0500, Ed Kershenbaum wrote:
> Jesse -
>
> I don't understand the difference between your two answer below.  Could you
> clarify?
>
> Specifically, can RT display a different UI for each language, all sharing
> the same DB?  Basically, I need an end-user support request input form for
> German, French, Japanese, Chinese, etc.

Sorry, yes. RT 3.0, which is currently in development can speak a number
of languages with a common backend. RT 2.0 speaks only English. RT 3.0
will be done when it's done. We've stabilized snapshot releases of rt
2.1.x for customers with special requirements in the past and it's
something we could do again if you folks need it.

	Best,
	Jesse

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.