[rt-users] RT autoreply username

Dajani, Nader (TAG.GTS) NDajani at exchange.ml.com
Tue Oct 1 14:52:50 EDT 2002

Hi all--

I have just finished installing RT on an s390 mainframe, and I am getting kind of a weird problem.  I don't know if it is an RT config issue or apache or what....

Whenever I open a new ticket in a queue that I have created (say 'testqueue'), I get an email autoreply from RT with the default autoresponse template.  The problem is that the username in my inbox is
'Daemon user for apache' and the reply-to address is wwwrun at whateverRTserver.com.  I looked into the httpd.conf file and it turns out that the user that actually runs httpd is wwwrun....and looking
into /etc/passwd, I see that wwwrun's description is 'Daemon user for apache.'  For some reason, whatever is sending is messing up.  Does anyone know how to change this?  The server that I am working
on has been messed around with significantly...it is a test server, so I dont know if the configuration for sendmail or apache is the problem or something like that.  Also, whenever I open a ticket in
the default RT queue (in this case 'general'), the email gets sent correctly.  This only seems to happen when I do it in a queue that has been created manually.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Nader