[rt-users] Making RT invisible - changing subject lines

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Thu Oct 31 14:10:09 EST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:53:11PM -0500, Glenn Sieb <ges at lumeta.com> wrote:
> On 01:17 PM 10/31/2002 -0500, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> > > 2) Now when I respond from the web interface if a user email subject
> > > line says: "help with netscape" and we respond from the web interface I
> > > want the subject line to say "RE: help with netscape" instead of this
> > > subject line "[EECS Helpdesk #40] help with netscape"
> >
> >If you do that, RT is going to create a new ticket for every message
> >it gets, even when they're a reply to one of your support techs'
> >replies. Are you sure that's what you want?
>
> Hmm.. I dunno.. might be nifty to have the ticket # in an X-Header.. like

No, the ticket number has to come back *from* the user. RT can't set
custom headers in some guy's Outlook.

You could put it in the email address -- and rt-mailgate already
accepts that with some MTAs with --ticket-id-from-extension -- but I
still suspect that the original poster hadn't thought through his
request.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!